Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hate Late?

Of all the company or food businesses' motto, there is one that literally interests me, Shakey's! Of course you know their famous line - "If it's late, it's free!". This means they will deliver your ordered pizza on time or even earlier to the alloted time. Great isn't it?

So most of us will think that they'll never gonna have a late delivery since doing so will let them give their pizza for free (as their promise straightforwardly says).

Then, unintentionally, my long-time curiosity finally made me test if they really apply that free thing. Having a laziness syndrome, we ordered pizza and the Shakey's staff told us that we just need to wait for 45 mins. 10 minutes before the "deadline", we were hungry and I was starting to prepare other food since we thought pizza won't be delivered anymore. But wait! Here's our pizza! Almost 30 minutes late! I'm pretty much annoyed by that time and good thing I wasn't the one who talked to the delivery girl. But my mouth didn't resist to give a serious comment "Hey, that is free" (Ate, free na yan.). Good thing Labsky was calm and kind talking to her 'coz he didn't want things to be complicated. She apologized and we just paid. Then a Shakey's delivery boy came after the girl left. He gave us a gift certificate worth P100 then apologized again for the delivery issue.

Lesson: If it's late, we are sorry! Atleast, it was delivered...


Whew, establishing a motto is really a serious matter.

So if me and Labsky would put up a business, we think this would be safe and best!

No comments:


Custom Search